Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tool # 11

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Some of the favorite tools that I experienced are: Google docs, Diigo and Skype. I plan to try to Skype with a professional musician during the time that I prepare the 5th graders for their Houston Symphony trip. I plan to collaborate with other music teachers using Diigo and google docs as we share websites that are appropriate and good for the students to use. 2. I am in the process of transforming my vision for my classroom as we just moved into a temporary space. For 28 years most of my music teaching has been teacher-led and guided, and the challenge for me will be to incorporate these new expectations along with the curriculum within the small amount of time I have with the students- 50-75 minutes per week. I see students learning from each other and having fun when I incorporate stations and centers in my lessons. I'm still learning lots of fun ways to create presentations with the active inspire software and flipcharts, and I am excited to give the students the opportunities for individual hands on learning, collaborating, and recording using the macbooks. 3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I was surprised at my score on the assessment. There was a lot of material in this course and even though I had taken most of 23 tools offered by the district years ago, I still feel like I am paddling hard to try to keep up. It is comforting to know that Atomic Tools is available for more future learning and for a refresher.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing the 11 tools blog. Skype is a great way to connect students to authors, experts and more. I found a cool site Skype an author - http://skypeanauthor.wetpaint.com
    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I think you will have a happening music class this year for technology! Great job with coming up with so many ideas for your students this year with making connections outside your classroom walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed visiting your temporary campus last week. It was definitely "interesting" but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end when you move into a brand new classroom on a beautiful new campus.

    ReplyDelete